Cancer is the name of more than 100 different diseases in which cells start growing out of control and attack specific areas of the body. Cancer is deadly if it is not treated. That is why regular doctor visits are so important.
Most people have heard about cancer and the different types that exist. Many people know someone who has been affected by the disease. It is just that common. Let’s take a look at some of the most common types of cancers in America.
· Bladder: Did you know that bladder cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in America? Believe it or not, smoking is one of the biggest risk factors for this specific type of cancer.
· Breast Cancer: Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of death in women. Annual screenings and at-home breast exams can help save lives.
· Colorectal Cancer: This type of cancer usually begins with a polyp in the rectum or colon. It is one of the most treatable types of cancer around, when it is caught early.
· Lung cancer: There are two main types of lung cancer: non-small cell carcinoma and small cell lung cancer. Smoking is responsible for most cases of lung cancer.
· Thyroid Cancer: There are four main types of thyroid cancer. Those are anaplastic, papillary, follicure, and medullary. Papillary is the most commonly diagnosed type of thyroid cancer in the U.S.
· Uterine Cancer: There are two types of uterine cancer: endometrial and uterine sarcoma. The latter type of uterine cancer is extremely rare, however, thousands of new cases of endometrial uterine cancer diagnoses are made each year.
Education about cancer can save your life. The common cancers above are just a few of the many that may negatively impact your life. Learn more and take care of your good health.